TAKE THE MAGNESIUM QUESTIONNAIRE & SEE HOW YOUR HEALTH MEASURES UP
- Do you drink alcohol daily?
- Have you had major surgery, trauma to your body or a concussion?
- Do you aggressively exercise regularly (More than 30 minutes intensely daily)?
- Do you suffer from insomnia, depression, chronic stress, consistent anger or constant confusion?
- Do you have a history of heart disease, angina, irregular heart beat or hardening of the arteries?
- Do you have or have you had asthma, bronchitis or C.O.P.D.?
- Do you have low calcium or potassium levels?
- Do you experience IBS, constipation or diarrhea more than 2 times a year?
- Do you consume more than 3 servings of caffeine daily from coffee, tea, chocolate or soda?
- Do you get frequent muscle cramps or have restless leg syndrome?
- Do you have cold extremities often?
- Do have chronic pain, frequent headaches, arthritis or fibromyalgia?
- Do you have any type of diabetes?
- Do you rarely eat fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have trouble swallowing?
- Do have problems with infertility or PMS?
- Have you taken antibiotics, physician prescribed steroids or any medications?
- Do you have silver/amalgam fillings for cavities?
- Do you have osteoporosis?
- Do you have hyperthyroidism?
- Have you had or do you have cancer?
- Have you had chemotherapy or radiation therapies?
- Have you had a stroke or a T.I.A.?
- Do you have liver problems?
- Do you have kidney problems?
- Have you been a smoker or do you currently smoke?
MAGNESIUM QUIZ SCORING
0-3 = GOOD RANGE –You have been receiving adequate amounts of daily intake of magnesium.
4-5 = AVERAGE RANGE – You’re in the intermediate range where you need to start supplementing magnesium more in your daily food choices and vitamin usage.
6-8 = POOR RANGE – You’re below the healthy range for daily magnesium levels, and therefore, magnesium vitamin supplement usage is vital, along with, substantial magnesium fortified foods.
Over 9 = BAD RANGE - You’re dangerously low in magnesium and need to consult your doctor.
FOODS HIGH IN MAGNESIUM (Click on Foods Below to Visit Its Page)
VITAMINS HIGH IN MAGNESIUM (Click on Vitamins Below to Visit Its Page)
Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium - 8 oz. (42 servings) Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium
MAGNESIUM CHARACTERISTICS & HEALTH BENEFITS
Magnesium is the 8thmost abundant mineral found in the world. It is the 4thmost abundant mineral within humans involved in over 1,000 chemical reactions. Magnesium is vital in 350 different pathways needed for optimal body functionality.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MAGNESIUM
- Keeps heart in steady rhythm
- Modulates blood clotting and thinning
- Contributes in energy metabolism of the heart helping to produce ATP
- Involved in B vitamin production
- Improves nerve function
- Aids in immune system proficiency
- Strengthens bone structure
- Activates vitamin C
- Enhances blood sugar levels
- Normalizes Insulin
- Improves insulin resistance
- Compliments calcium absorption
- Regulates sweat and temperature processes
- Prevents sudden cardiac attacks
- Promotes healthy excretion function
- Reduces hypertension
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Relaxes blood vessels
- Improves blood flow
- Equalizes calcium and potassium in the bloodstream
- Provides kidney protection
- Prevents retinal abnormalities
- Aids in weight loss and BMI reduction
- Eases fibromyalgia pain
- Fights excitotoxicity (chemical pollutants like mercury, aspartame, MSG, etc.)
- Calms discomfort associated with restless leg syndrome
- Reduces urinary urge incontinence
- Relieves constipation
- Eases asthma symptoms
- Improves the negative effects of ADD & ADHD
- Enhances hearing
- Soothes migraines and headaches
- Calms distress of anxiety, insomnia, depression and other emotional problems
- Improves PMS by 95%
- Reduces hot flashes
Source: National Institutes of Health, Dr. Dennis Goodwin, Dr. Richard Becker, Dr. Russell Blaylock, Mayo Clinic